Water Works Engineers provides consulting engineering services for water treatment facilities, wastewater treatment facilities, sewage pump stations, water booster stations, pipelines, and other water and wastewater facilities throughout the Western United States. We are committed to providing high quality work to our clients and providing a high quality of work life for those in the firm. We believe in a positive work environment and good work/life balance.
We are currently recruiting for highly motivated Civil/Environmental Engineers to join our Team. Project assignments include water and wastewater treatment projects, conveyance projects, and potable water storage and distribution projects. As a Staff Engineer, you will work with a Project Manager (PM) and Project Engineer as part of a Project Team and be responsible for assisting with planning, design development, calculations, cost estimates, presentations, and overall project development for a variety of projects.
This is a key position and requires particular attention to detail, a thorough understanding of engineering design principles, and the ability to effectively work within a team. It is anticipated you will grow into a project engineer as your experience with Water Works Engineers develops.
- Development of calculations, reports, plans, and specifications for water and wastewater conveyance and treatment facilities
- Treatment process, process equipment, and treatment equipment selection
- Open channel and pump system hydraulics
- Chemical feed system sizing
- Responsible for drawings for assigned areas
- Building code/OSHA coordination
- Water quality regulation review
- Cost estimating
- Construction observation/review
- Civil/Environmental degree from an accredited engineering program
- Arizona, Utah, or California PE, or ability to get PE within 6 months of starting position
- Minimum 3-10 years of experience working in the water and wastewater field with demonstrated experience in engineering design for various water resources projects, which may include pipelines, pump stations, storage reservoirs, wells, and water and wastewater facilities.
- Self-motivated individual who is willing to work effectively as part of a team or independently as required
- Ability and willingness to perform both office and field work as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of design and construction industry standard practices, codes, contracts, drawings, specifications, safety standards, and pollution prevention plan requirements
- Proficiency in CADD software, hydraulic modeling programs, Microsoft Office products, including at a minimum: Word, Excel, and Project.
Water Works Engineers offers competitive compensation, great benefits, and a friendly environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for employee sponsorship.