We are currently seeking a highly motivated Resident Engineer to join our Construction Management team. Project assignments will predominately be in the Salt Lake City, UT / Provo, UT areas on water treatment, wastewater treatment, potable water storage, conveyance, and distribution type projects.
As a Resident Engineer with Water Works Engineers you will work under the Construction Manager (CM) or Project Manager (PM) and generally be responsible for day to day onsite construction activities; including performing necessary inspections to ensure the project is being constructed in compliance with the contract requirements and applicable permits including coordination of all necessary special inspections; review and approval of the contractor’s quality control testing; coordination, implementation, and tracking of construction changes; progress tracking; and documentation/notification of non-compliance issues. This is a key position in our project team and requires particular attention to detail, a thorough understanding of standard construction practices, and the ability to effectively coordinate between the CM, Engineer, Owner/Client, and Contractor.
- 5 years construction resident engineering experience in one or more of the project types described above in the position description.
- Self-motivated individual who is willing to work effectively as part of a team or independent as required by individual project needs.
- Physical ability and willingness to perform field work as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction industry standard practices, codes, contracts, drawings, specifications, safety standards, and storm water pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including at a minimum Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferred Qualifications or ability to acquire in a timely manner
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 Certification
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector Certification
- Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) Certification
- OSHA Safety Training Certifications including: OSHA 10 Hour Construction, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, and Excavation Competent Person Training
Water Works Engineers offers excellent compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, training opportunities, and a dynamic and high energy work environment with a focus on personal and professional growth opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.